Thursday, June 30, 2011

Speeches

Last week everyone in Room 12 presented a 3-5 minute speech about a topic of their choice. Both Mrs Velvin and I were very proud of all the children as they delivered their speeches with confidence and clarity. There was a wide range of topics including NZ Heroes, Headlice, Dyslexia, Fashion and peoples pets. Sam H's speech was very moving as he talked about his experience during the September earthquake in Christchurch. Well done Sam!

Each speech was judged on how well prepared they were, how they used their voice effectively, their level of organisation, audience engagement and overall presentation. At the end of each speech classmates fed back what they thought was great about the speech and some suggestions for what they could work on for next time.

Congratulations to the following who were selected to represent Room 12 at the Y5/6 team semi finals:
- Harry for his speech on Headlice
- Jessica for her speech on Dyslexia
- Gabby for her speech on New Zealand Heroes

All three did a fantastic job speaking in front of an audience of 100 students and teachers. We were all very proud of them. Special congratulations to Harry who is one of three Year 6 students selected to compete at next Wednesdays big grand final. Good luck Harry! We are all behind you.

9 comments:

amber said...

the speeches were reall good!
gabby,really intresting!

amber

Anonymous said...

P-the positives were that everyone had a great time and it was a great
canllange.


M-the minus was i was very nervous
ahd sceard about the.

I-I think it would of been intereasting if we could talk in frount of a camrer.

Mason said...

I think Harry in rm 12 did a great job on delivering his speech in the finals today,and good on him for winning the year 6 best speech.It was a close one!

Emma said...

P: I loved speaking in front of the class and having the whole classes undivided attention.

M: It was really hard to think of ideas and content for my speech.

I: I thought i was going to do terribly but got one of the top scores in the class.

Anonymous said...

THank you!!!!!!
I'm so pleased of how well I did!!!

Anonymous said...

By the way I do not have short legs!!!!!!

Uma said...

Speeches were really fun and well done for Harry, Jess and Gabby for getting into the semi finals!

Anonymous said...

Speeches

P:It was Fun ands I did a good job

M: None at all

I: Some of the Speeches/Speech topics (Clowns and Tiny Living)

Harry Cr

Anonymous said...

I loved speeches!