Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Check out this amazing recount...

The Waterslide
By Curtis Shaffer
As I looked at the waterslide my mind was blank. I just stood there with my eyes wide open, speechless, shaking in the cold air.... My friend noticed me doing nothing and he came over and told me how cool the waterslide was. The more he talked about it the scarier it was to me.
Time passed and the next thing I heard was “NEXT”! I put my first foot on the damp and frosty, coldblooded metal rungs. I climbed slowly and after a while I noticed how far down I was. It looked like I was climbing a ladder to the moon. When I got to the top I heard someone say “lean forward and put your hands on your knees”! I felt the slide base and it was slimy and bleak. I looked down and I shook. It looked like I was going to slide down a piece of string!
I saw someone at the bottom getting their camera ready to take a picture of the historic moment. I took a deep breath and pushed off. The wind was slicing through my hair and pushing me back but before I knew it, SPLASH!

1 comment:

Mr Hull said...

Awesome recount Curtis - great language!!